|No blood this time, Kari. If you look close |
enough you will see the flap of skin that
was once part of my thumb that is
standing up waiting to get gross and fall off.
learn to use them without injuring myself!
2. Fridays off
3. The occasional warm fall day to trick me into thinking summer is still lingering (so I wrote this weeks ago - still those days make me happy)
4. Nothing bundt cakes gluten-free cakes. Thank you sweet Jesus for this
|So good, I cannot even wait to |
get a photo before I dive in.
6. A really good foot massage. I enjoy these more than ever because I am a) old and b) I run or walk about 5 miles a day and my feet are not always happy about that.
7. Getting comments on my blog. Yep, this just makes my day, so take a minute and leave a comment
8. A good night sleep - rare but love it when it happens
9. When my kids play Irish music together. I have been trying to get Reg to take his concertina playing a bit more serious. Mini knows lots about the notes and she has more experience playing Irish tunes for longer than he has. I have been urging her to share some of her expertise with Reg. Curly has been jumping in with her fiddle. She tries to play a tune here and there. Mini gets mad at her though because Reg goofs off and Curly laughs and Mini pulls her hair out trying to get them to be serious. I should not laugh, but it is just non-screen-time related fun. Mini is on my case to ban Curly from the music sessions. I told them last night that first Mini offers Reg instruction and then for 10 minutes they invite Curly in so she can try to play a tune or two with them. Tank has yet to grab his wooden flute and play along. He seems to be taking his studies somewhat seriously at the moment. We think maybe someone stole his identity or his ‘I don’t care’ attitude. Not a bad thing.
10. Saying ‘obvie’ to my high school kids when something is obvious. It makes them crazy, like I think I am so hip. In reality, they do brainless stuff sometimes and I like to call them out on it and ‘obvie’ is just a great short cut. In my world of teenagers who like to tune me out, it is GLORIOUS to catch their attention - without even swearing.
11. I thought of another one! I hate driving all over the place especially Route 83 - which is currently under major construction making it impossible to get to dancing on time. The bright spot: Curly is my secretary. I constantly invite her to take a dictation and have her text people for me, which is very handy.