Things I hate: (how’s that for a positive start to the day?)
1. Ass holes (see previous post)
2. Disastrous rooms left behind by college kids
|This is only one angle - it was much|
worse than it looks here.
|Still not perfect, but this is how I spent |
one entire afternoon. I have texted
the boys to alert them that they WILL NOT
return to school next time and
leave their rooms in such a state.
3. Seasonal allergies
4. Weight gained by inserting crunchy food in excess of my calorie requirement in order to scratch the roof of my mouth that is begging for a long scrub with one of those wire bristle brushes
5. Strep throat - Mini came down with this hours before Coach’s siblings were supposed to show up the Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Food already bought. Some food already prepared. Excitement at actually hosting two in-law families who we really enjoy on a night when no one had to work the next morning (and pulling off the invite minus his folks so it was going to be SOCIAL and not a lecture on our faith and all right wing activities we should be involved in). Fridge drawers reorganized to accommodate adult and kid beverages, which will now just get in my way as we do not need fridge drawers stocked with alcoholic beverages. (yes, this weekend sucked - between cancelling party and losing my biggest babysitting client - it sucked)
6. Inability to reschedule above party because, well, everything
7. The closing of the pool/end of summer
8. Disappointments -(different from people who cancelled job on me) long story to be addressed later
|Ireland trip suitcase and the several|
weeks delay that took place until I
went in her room and dumped it out.
10. The misunderstanding that exists when I utter words ‘clean up your room and unpack from your Ireland trip that occurred WEEKS AGO!’ Note that I did not say that I hate this particular daughter, just her inability to comprehend what it means to empty a FREAKING suitcase.
11. ASS HOLES - ending on this note, because want to - BECAUSE really people who are monstrously inconsiderate and rude are utterly the worst! That babysitting family that canceled me at the last minute has really, REALLY ticked me off. Who behaves this way?